Poetry Everyday of the Year (and more)

The rules are simple. 1) Send me a poem and if I approve it (most likely) I will print it. I will also print my poems (which are copyrighted.) 2) If I print your poem you will retain all rights to the poem. I will also delete your poem if you sell it to a publisher who wants exclusive rights. 3) If I print your poem, I will send you an email telling you what day. (So you can tell everyone). This is a poet friendly site. (enjoy)

Friday, May 13, 2011

A New Day, An Ordinary Day

Nothing strikes you quite as hard as Ordinary
The word has a sting all its own
similar to but not quite the same
as Royalty looking down their noses
pointing in utter repulsion - Common
is what they label what does not fit
their rarefied elitist views of what is proper
yet what is common to me
is supernatural to you
what is common to you
is awesome to me
Nothing out of the Ordinary
I say then proceed on my way
My Sun is rising - another new day
My Ordinary is calling
 in an extraordinary way

No comments:

Post a Comment