Poetry Everyday of the Year (and more)

The rules are simple. 1) Send me a poem and if I approve it (most likely) I will print it. I will also print my poems (which are copyrighted.) 2) If I print your poem you will retain all rights to the poem. I will also delete your poem if you sell it to a publisher who wants exclusive rights. 3) If I print your poem, I will send you an email telling you what day. (So you can tell everyone). This is a poet friendly site. (enjoy)

Monday, May 2, 2011

The Monster Within

Dr. Jekyll - I presume
so proud of himself
upon finding someone else
living within
down there in the dark basement,
the crawlspace, the forgotten
place inside the house he calls
his own. What was he thinking ?
Opening the cage that society had closed and locked.

Imagine his shock upon finding he could not control
Himself.

Urges long thought dead
desires, rages, emotions
all lumped in one mass called - Hyde.
What was he really after
a dash of the bold
a pinch of the Taboo
A taste of Naughty
No matter - what he got was all that
and more, a whole lot more
Sin without the temptation - what fun is that.
Madness, I say, utter madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment