Poetry Everyday of the Year (and more)

The rules are simple. 1) Send me a poem and if I approve it (most likely) I will print it. I will also print my poems (which are copyrighted.) 2) If I print your poem you will retain all rights to the poem. I will also delete your poem if you sell it to a publisher who wants exclusive rights. 3) If I print your poem, I will send you an email telling you what day. (So you can tell everyone). This is a poet friendly site. (enjoy)

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Almost


Funny you didn't call back.
I almost didn't want you to.
Almost, like that moment
in the front seat of the roller coaster
when the rest of the train
is still climbing
but you have crossed the top,
have begun to descend
in a still state,
and for that split second
before it becomes exhilarating-
you want it back-
you want off the ride.

© Joseph Brunary May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment