Poetry Everyday of the Year (and more)

The rules are simple. 1) Send me a poem and if I approve it (most likely) I will print it. I will also print my poems (which are copyrighted.) 2) If I print your poem you will retain all rights to the poem. I will also delete your poem if you sell it to a publisher who wants exclusive rights. 3) If I print your poem, I will send you an email telling you what day. (So you can tell everyone). This is a poet friendly site. (enjoy)

Friday, May 6, 2011

Dreamcatcher



she sees dreams behind her smokey,
black-rimmed eyes
red lipsticked mouth belies her inner spirit
wild hair uncombed, now why she forsakes
taming it when she primps and fusses with
her face is perplexing.
Perhaps she is still holding onto material
things seeking temporary pleasure
it is all fleeting, really,
dive deep, where the dreams reside
She touches the dreamcatcher threads,
feeling its magic
while the spider winks one glowing eye.
       By Beverly Bronson  ©May 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment